Monday 5 March 2012

Science Magic Theme Dessert Table

My youngest son's birthday party - we booked the Party Professor to entertain the children whilst I provided the food.  As most of the experiments had a science or rocket theme this gave me some ideas for the table.

Ben's cake had a rocket on the top (edible of course) with a science equipment side design - laboratory beakers, flasks and pipettes.  I managed to source some real laboratory equipment - beakers, a conical flask and stopper bottle to hold the drinks and some plastic test tubes which were filled with mini jelly beans.  My absolute favourite thing was the worms in jelly - my eldest son borrowed (brand new) petrie dishes from school, into which went a jelly worm and some jelly.  'Disgustingly brilliant' - or so I was told!  There were various types of cookies, chocolate brownies, mallow krispies, rocky road mini cupcakes and lots of fruit and vegetable kebabs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this blog - is it useful or inspirational or have you any constructive criticism to offer? Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.